SOTA ADIF Export - My log is a Chaser log, not an Activator

V2 error reports
KA1YBS
Novice Class

SOTA ADIF Export - My log is a Chaser log, not an Activator

Post by KA1YBS »

Hello,

I love this logging software. I have been using it for over a month now. There are a few bugs I have worked around, but the log export to SOTA is one that I can't solve.

I export a range of contacts from my SOTA activation, after manually entering them into Log4OM when I get back to the shack. All goes well. I export the selected as ADIF FB.

When I import to SOTA, it puts MY CALL into the "station heard" field and not the actual activator station call field. What happens, is my log entry ends up as a "chaser" log, rather than "activator" log.

This is likely an issue on the SOTA side, but it forces me to enter logs twice. SOTA allows .csv export, but Log4OM won't allow .csv import!

Anyway, just posting the issue. If you need me to go into more detail, I can.

Thanks and 73,
Tim
KA1YBS
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: SOTA ADIF Export - My log is a Chaser log, not an Activator

Post by KI5IO »

KA1YBS wrote: 16 May 2020, 18:56 Hello,

I love this logging software. I have been using it for over a month now. There are a few bugs I have worked around, but the log export to SOTA is one that I can't solve.

I export a range of contacts from my SOTA activation, after manually entering them into Log4OM when I get back to the shack. All goes well. I export the selected as ADIF FB.

When I import to SOTA, it puts MY CALL into the "station heard" field and not the actual activator station call field. What happens, is my log entry ends up as a "chaser" log, rather than "activator" log.

This is likely an issue on the SOTA side, but it forces me to enter logs twice. SOTA allows .csv export, but Log4OM won't allow .csv import!

Anyway, just posting the issue. If you need me to go into more detail, I can.

Thanks and 73,
Tim
KA1YBS
Tim,

You did not note which version of Log4OM you are using. The current release is: V 2.6.1.0 and there is a new User Guide dated May 15, 2020.

V2 can import/export csv files, etc.. I've not dug into the granular details, but if you take a look at the "current" user Guide there is a lot of information about SOTA starting on Page 101. My quick scan noted it mentions chaser, activator and S2S and how to export them for proper acceptance by the on-line SOTA database.

Be sure you have updated Log4OM and also then forced the download of the "current" UG.

Best of luck.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX