Cat issue?

ka5y
New user

Cat issue?

Post by ka5y »

Just started using Log4om and when I double click on a cluster spot it puts the call sign in and switches freq but sends a tone to my K3...what have I done?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cat issue?

Post by KI5IO »

ka5y wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 16:53 Just started using Log4om and when I double click on a cluster spot it puts the call sign in and switches freq but sends a tone to my K3...what have I done?
Paul,

A few questions here: What version/release # of Log4OM are you using? It is visible at top-left border of the Main UI.

Are you using Omnirig or Hamlib for CAT control to your K3?

What other APPs to you have connected to Log4OM V2 and/or your K3? OR ... are you just talking about a basic operation (for the moment) of Log4OM V2 and your K3?

Did you watch Terry's YouTube video about setting up CAT control?

Here is the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF8I-tJlv6c

Setting up your CAT control starts on Page 21 of the current User Guide dated: 02/07/2021 1:25PM

I use a K3 as well and use a USB cable from my laptop to K3 for the CAT connection. I have the KIO3B (updated) I/O module. I also use Omnirig V 1.19 ... Do NOT d/l and try the Swiss version/copy of Omnirig as it will not work well with Log4OM V2.

Check out the items I noted and add the information requested and let's get the tone issue resolved.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX