QRZ Upload Not Working

k9bm
Novice Class

QRZ Upload Not Working

Post by k9bm »

Yes I've done several searches on this and I see a lot of discussion, but it always seems to boil down to the user not having an XML subscription to QRZ.com. Yesterday I bought the subscription, entered the API into Log4OM v2.16.0.0, and checked the "Automatic upload on new QSO" box. But nothing happens, new QSOs do not get uploaded, either a couple of minutes later or upon closing the program

So I emailed QRZ.com support and they promptly responded, yes you are an XML problem, no there's no problem on this end, contact the program developer. The thing is, I am also uploading to Club Log, LoTW, and HRDLog, and all are working as expected. Since QRZ.com has a 30-day refund guarantee if it doesn't work with my logging software, I need to ask if there's anything I can try to fix this. With only 2 configuration variables (the API key and the checkbox), I don't see how I could have messed it up (yes I copy pasted the API key, multiple times). Any ideas, or should I just ask for a refund?

73....Brad K9BM
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QRZ Upload Not Working

Post by KI5IO »

k9bm wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 17:46 Yes I've done several searches on this and I see a lot of discussion, but it always seems to boil down to the user not having an XML subscription to QRZ.com. Yesterday I bought the subscription, entered the API into Log4OM v2.16.0.0, and checked the "Automatic upload on new QSO" box. But nothing happens, new QSOs do not get uploaded, either a couple of minutes later or upon closing the program

So I emailed QRZ.com support and they promptly responded, yes you are an XML problem, no there's no problem on this end, contact the program developer. The thing is, I am also uploading to Club Log, LoTW, and HRDLog, and all are working as expected. Since QRZ.com has a 30-day refund guarantee if it doesn't work with my logging software, I need to ask if there's anything I can try to fix this. With only 2 configuration variables (the API key and the checkbox), I don't see how I could have messed it up (yes I copy pasted the API key, multiple times). Any ideas, or should I just ask for a refund?

73....Brad K9BM
Brad,

Just curious ... have you also tried a "manual" upload of Q's from the QSL Manager routine? If so, is that successful?

Also ... when you save a QSO what values have you set for the QSO Confirmation value? This topic is noted in the "current" User Guide dated: August 06, 2021 - 4:46PM on Page 97.

Be aware that QSOs being saved from some of the FTxx APPs (JTAlert in particular) can have a toggle set that will change the QSO's confirmation value as it is sent to L4OM for saving.

And, Terry has done 3 YouTube videos about dealing with Confirmations in L4OM. Links to the Y/T Confirmation videos are below.

Confirmations #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yuxJhVEFFI

Confirmations #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xingbq1d-4o

Confirmations #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cthCCVwkXg

At the least ... these sources of information may help resolve the QRZ.com "auto-upload" issue.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
k9bm
Novice Class

Re: QRZ Upload Not Working

Post by k9bm »

I'm grateful for the reply, and you helped me solve the problem. By doing the manual upload in Log4OM I was able to see the error message, and it was a simple one. The logbook on QRZ.com was newer than it's "expiration" date. I didn't understand what that meant until I searched the forum and found discussions about it. I renewed my ham license this summer and I guess QRZ assumed I hadn't (even though it's obviously in their database). Anyway, I changed the end date to 10 years from now, and instantly the automatic (and manual) uploads started working. Shame on QRZ support for not seeing this and helping me....