Benefits QRZ XML subscription

PA1EJO
Novice Class

Benefits QRZ XML subscription

Post by PA1EJO »

What are the benefits of a QRZ XML subscription? I understand that you get unlimited access to the database, up and downloads by the log program, but, does it also update the QSL received / QSL sent fields in log4om. If I'm going to send paper cards then I only want to send them to those who want to receive them, so does a XML subscription help me here? Already asked this question to the QRZ people, and they referred me this the log4om folks.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Benefits QRZ XML subscription

Post by DF5WW »

No, qrz.com does not check paper QSL cards and they don´t have the possibility to download confirmations
from qrz.com to any logbook software. With a xml subscription you can receive all data from qrz (like Grrid
e.g.) which ham members don´t can grab. Also you have a working API key to upload automatted from different
logbook software (also Log4OM). Other things are that you´re free from commercials if you logged in to their
website and that you have the opportunity to apply some awards in paper versions for free.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PA1EJO
Novice Class

Post by PA1EJO »

Thanks Jurgen, it sort of confirms what I suspected, so it remains manual work to find out who can get a qsl card, 73 Ernst
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PA1EJO wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 22:17 Thanks Jurgen, it sort of confirms what I suspected, so it remains manual work to find out who can get a qsl card, 73 Ernst
Try watching the three video tutorials about confirmations here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Ppcj ... yavI-azOug

BTW This is the Version 1 forum!
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Topic moved to the V2 section of this Forum
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX