QRZ Upload error

m0lmk
Novice Class

QRZ Upload error

Post by m0lmk »

I've been operating /P using a macbook running Rumlog (I know, I know!) and wanted to import the log into Log4OM so I can sync with QRZ.com and other providers. I've returned home and created a new profile for M0LMK/P in Log4OM and changed the QRZ API to match my M0LMK/P log.

When atempting to upload to qrz.com I get the following error:

Code: Select all

STATUS=FAIL&REASON=wrong station_callsign for this logbook doesnt match book callsign M0LMK_P &EXTENDED
When I looked at individual log entries, I can see that the ADIF import has left "Station Callsign" and "Grid Square" blank. If I manually set these to the correct data then the entry uploads fine.

So, I guess my question is, is there any way to perform a bulk update to set the correct "Station Callsign" and "Grid Square" in the "My QTH" section for each imported record?

Thanks!
Matt
M0LMK / KI5GXV
G0HRS - Hilderstone Radio Society
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QRZ Upload error

Post by G4POP »

QSL Manager and search bulk in user guide
73 Terry G4POP
m0lmk
Novice Class

Post by m0lmk »

Ahh! Got it.

QSO Manager -> Single field update.

Well, that was easy.

:D
Matt
M0LMK / KI5GXV
G0HRS - Hilderstone Radio Society
KW4AU
Novice Class

Post by KW4AU »

Google brought me to this post - and I do see how to edit my callsign in bulk. However, I'm not sure that this is the right thing to do. So, let me ask here and get some good advice!

I changed my callsign in 2013 from KW4AUB to KW4AU after I reached Extra. I don't know why I didn't upload everything to QRZ.com prior to that... but I didn't. Now when I go to the QSL manager and select QRZCOM/all, it works for the new ones but fails for all of the ones in 2013 that were created with my old callsign.

I tried changing my station ID in settings and uploading just the old ones, but I got the same error. If I edit the failed uploads to my new callsign, it won't match the logs of the folks that contacted me. What is the proper way to do this?

KW4AU
Kyle
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Are you sure the old QSO's actually contain your station Call sign?
73 Terry G4POP
KW4AU
Novice Class

Post by KW4AU »

Yes sir - I can see them as confirmed on the LoTW site. I was pretty dumb as far as callsigns and uploads and such back then, so I guess I uploaded everything to LoTW and just never did any to QRZ. But they are still in my Log4OM database ok too. I'm sure it's just user error somewhere on my end!

Kyle
KW4AU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KW4AU wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 02:27 Yes sir - I can see them as confirmed on the LoTW site. I was pretty dumb as far as callsigns and uploads and such back then, so I guess I uploaded everything to LoTW and just never did any to QRZ. But they are still in my Log4OM database ok too. I'm sure it's just user error somewhere on my end!

Kyle
KW4AU
That was not the question

1. In Log4om
2. Looking at the STATION CALL SIGN column in the Recent QSO or QSO manager windows
3. Are the STATION call signs correct or even there for the date range that you mentioned?
73 Terry G4POP
KW4AU
Novice Class

Post by KW4AU »

The date range is definitely correct. If I open the earliest QSO on the list, I can click on the My QTH tab and it shows KW4AUB on Station Callsign, Op. Callsign, and Owner Callsign. It does show my previous address (in the same town), which is correct for where I was when I recorded that QSO in 2013.

The error in the log file is this:
Upload failed: 'STATUS=FAIL&REASON=wrong station_callsign for this logbook kw4aub doesnt match book callsign KW4AU&EXTENDED=' for QSO Callsign: YY5BHO Date: 8/13/2013 2:18:17 AM Band: 40m Mode: SSB

I apologize if I'm not answering the question correctly - I'm trying! I do appreciate the help. I'll keep trying, and I'm happy to adjust anything you suggest.

Kyle
KW4AU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KW4AU wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 00:00 The date range is definitely correct. If I open the earliest QSO on the list, I can click on the My QTH tab and it shows KW4AUB on Station Callsign, Op. Callsign, and Owner Callsign. It does show my previous address (in the same town), which is correct for where I was when I recorded that QSO in 2013.

The error in the log file is this:
Upload failed: 'STATUS=FAIL&REASON=wrong station_callsign for this logbook kw4aub doesnt match book callsign KW4AU&EXTENDED=' for QSO Callsign: YY5BHO Date: 8/13/2013 2:18:17 AM Band: 40m Mode: SSB

I apologize if I'm not answering the question correctly - I'm trying! I do appreciate the help. I'll keep trying, and I'm happy to adjust anything you suggest.

Kyle
KW4AU
The message says that your uploading to the wrong QRZ logbook, are you certain that you have created a logbook at QRZ for the call (Including suffix) that your trying to upload?
73 Terry G4POP
KW4AU
Novice Class

Post by KW4AU »

I don't know what that means - as far as I know, I would only have one Logbook! I will go investigate that now. Thank you for helping me decipher this, I really appreciate the advice.

Kyle