Logbook is having a strange effect on my radio

G0VQY
Advanced Class

Logbook is having a strange effect on my radio

Post by G0VQY »

I thought I had solved my logbook problem yesterday. However, something strange is now happening. When I open the logbook it seems to have a strange effect on my Sun SDR2 radio. If I'm on 40 m and then switch over to 2 m the radio will automatically keep switching back to 40 m. And then it says off-line on the logbook. It's definitely the logbook that is causing the problem. Any ideas?

When I installed the software yesterday I checked the Omnirig box during the installation.
Penn
G0VQY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Logbook is having a strange effect on my radio

Post by G4POP »

Any other programs running?
73 Terry G4POP
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

No, no other programs running. This is a brand-new laptop. I have just reinstalled the logbook again. However, what I didn't do this time was check the Omnirig box during the initial installation. Everything seems to work okay. The software shows the correct frequency of the radio and it seems okay. However, as soon as I change band it just changes to off-line. You are you if I go back into cats interface and click start then the sub frequency shows on the right but it still says off-line on the left.
Penn
G0VQY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

What SDR software are you using?
73 Terry G4POP
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

Expert Electronics. I've been using this software alongside Log4OM four months now and I've had not one single problem. It's only since I installed it on this laptop I have started having issues. It's got something to do with the configuration with the cats. Should I be using specific comports?
Penn
G0VQY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You say expert electronics but is it their software or do they like many others use a standard software derivative like HPSDR etc.

Did you install log4om and Omnirig to Run as an administrator?
73 Terry G4POP
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

No, I didn't install Omnirig this time. Oh, I also forgot to run as administrator. However, do I need to do this task every time? I have been uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it. However, my logbook is always there after I reinstalled. I just wondered if the initial settings are lost or whether they stay in place.

There's nothing wrong with the software, it's probably something I've not done properly. Like I said before, I've been using both software together for quite a long time without any issues.
Penn
G0VQY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G0VQY wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 20:25 No, I didn't install Omnirig this time. Oh, I also forgot to run as administrator. However, do I need to do this task every time? I have been uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it. However, my logbook is always there after I reinstalled. I just wondered if the initial settings are lost or whether they stay in place.

There's nothing wrong with the software, it's probably something I've not done properly. Like I said before, I've been using both software together for quite a long time without any issues.
Check but I expect you will find they are NOT set to Run as an administrator, up to you but the only way to resolve this is by a process of elimination.
73 Terry G4POP
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

So what you're saying is go and right click over the desktop log4om icon and "run as administrator"?
Penn
G0VQY
G0VQY
Advanced Class

Post by G0VQY »

Do you think I should reinstall again but this time make sure I check Omnirig?
Penn
G0VQY