Country name observation

General discussions V2
N8XMS
Novice Class

Country name observation

Post by N8XMS »

I recently updated to the Beta 2.27.1.2 version and everything is great!

I did notice one curiosity... The country name for my domestic QSOs used to be logged as "United States." Now it's being logged as "United States of America." I realize that this longer name is technically the correct one. Is that why it has been changed? Would it be possible for me to change it back to the shorter version?

A huge THANK YOU to everyone involved with the development of Log4OM!

Paul - N8XMS
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Country name observation

Post by KI5IO »

N8XMS wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:28 I recently updated to the Beta 2.27.1.2 version and everything is great!

I did notice one curiosity... The country name for my domestic QSOs used to be logged as "United States." Now it's being logged as "United States of America." I realize that this longer name is technically the correct one. Is that why it has been changed? Would it be possible for me to change it back to the shorter version?

A huge THANK YOU to everyone involved with the development of Log4OM!

Paul - N8XMS
Paul,

That file is provided by an external source and appears some changes must have been made.

My installation is showing the same as you have noted.

You can edit that file (country.xml) and change the United States of America to United States if you like.

The file is located under Roaming/Log4OM2 and is named: country.xml

If you tap on: Help / Open Config Folder your file manager will open to that directory. Scroll down a tad and you will see the file.

I recommend making a backup copy of the file just to be safe and don't make any file changes when Log4OM is actively running.

There is only one instance of 'United States of America' in that file.

Be aware that when that country.xml file is automatically updated it will over-write your change.

So your fix/change is only temporary at least until the next country.xml update is released.

In the meantime I'll ask Lele and Terry about this change in that file as some other changes also happened in that file in the past 1-1/2 weeks.

Tnx for the head's up.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX