Trying to Understand the Awards Tab (F3) and Award Manager

General discussions V2
kq4aji
Novice Class

Trying to Understand the Awards Tab (F3) and Award Manager

Post by kq4aji »

Hello all,
Loving LOG4OM v2 and putting it to good use.
Question #1:
As I delve into the spots and clusters, it is showing me "New Ones", "New Bands" etc. which is great but I do not understand the F3 Tab on the Main screen. I have read through the manual and am just not getting how to use it. Is it only for updating?

Question #2:
Has anyone added an award for "QRZ 50 States" (similar to WAS but based on QRZ Confirmations). If anyone could walk me through it, I would appreciate it. I am a little intimidated by the Awards Manager if fear of messing up other awards :shock:

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless,
Phillip KQ4AJI, 73
ICOM-7300 with a 40-20-15-10-6 Fan Dipole
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Trying to Understand the Awards Tab (F3) and Award Manager

Post by G4POP »

kq4aji wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 15:30 Question #1:
As I delve into the spots and clusters, it is showing me "New Ones", "New Bands" etc. which is great but I do not understand the F3 Tab on the Main screen. I have read through the manual and am just not getting how to use it. Is it only for updating?
There are many awards apart from DXCC which cannot be derived from the data lookup systems like QRZ, Clublog etc sometimes because the other station is not at his home QTH but those awards are very popular. A good example is SOTA where operators activate mountain/hill summits each of which has a reference number which you receive from the other person during the QSO.

The F3 Awards tab allows you to add such references by selecting the award type, in this case SOTA, and then the reference that you received from the other station.

There are approaching 100 of these award types in Log4OM but not all are applicable to the country being worked so whan you enter the other stations call sign the list is refined to just those applicable e.g. inserting an american call will not display the worked all Britain awards (WAB)

Such entries are then displayed and anaylsed in the Awards Statistic view, just like the DXCC awards.
Question #2:
Has anyone added an award for "QRZ 50 States" (similar to WAS but based on QRZ Confirmations). If anyone could walk me through it, I would appreciate it.

No as far as I know there has not been an award constucted for that one.

Appologies for the late reply but I was in hospital for some time and only just catching up.
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Glad you are back home and feeling better.
kq4aji
Novice Class

Post by kq4aji »

Terry,
Thanks for the response as well and glad you are out of the Hospital, prayers for continued healing.

I think you are right about using the awards stat view as the guide. Based on it, I have set up alerts based on what I need from
Thanks and God Bless,
Phillip KQ4AJI, 73
ICOM-7300 with a 40-20-15-10-6 Fan Dipole