Importing large file

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
9k2hn
Advanced Class

Importing large file

Post by 9k2hn »

I'm trying to import my log from dx4win to log4om to enable me to try it, My log have more than 300,000 qso and i'm not able to import it. is there any import limit? or how to do it?

Hamad
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Importing large file

Post by G4POP »

Hamad,
There is no import limit but it could take a long while especially if you have checked the "Update countries in ADIF" check box in the ADIF import screen.
73 Terry G4POP
9k2hn
Advanced Class

Post by 9k2hn »

OK I'm importing my adif file again without checking the box, I clicked on import ADIF file and i got the number of qso's 333035, and then clicked on the floppy disk image and nothing is happening (the progress bar is gray) is this normal?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

9k2hn wrote:OK I'm importing my adif file again without checking the box, I clicked on import ADIF file and i got the number of qso's 333035, and then clicked on the floppy disk image and nothing is happening (the progress bar is gray) is this normal?
The floppy disk is only there to save the error file

Once the import is finished you will see a message box "Logbook imported successfully" just click OK then close the import window.

The import has saved your QSO's and the recent QSO window F8 will now display them
73 Terry G4POP
9k2hn
Advanced Class

Post by 9k2hn »

When i click on the green botton (Import ADIF file) i get the message your logbook imported successfully immediately, but nothing in F8. is this ok?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

9k2hn wrote:When i click on the green botton (Import ADIF file) i get the message your logbook imported successfully immediately, but nothing in F8. is this ok?
Have you actually selected an ADIF file to import and is the path to that file showing in the field at the top of the window alongside the ADIF button?
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please zip and email your ADIF file to me
73 Terry G4POP
9k2hn
Advanced Class

Post by 9k2hn »

I have done every thing as you mentioned, I hope yuou can import it at your end.

my log in the way to you.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi, i just received your log from Terry and i'm trying to import.
It's so far the largest OM log i ever seen in my "career"... almost the double of all previously logs i've seen. (very good ham radio activity!!!)

I'm trying to import it and check data for you. I will do some performance tests too on sqlite and then in mysql to check if results are acceptable.
I will contact you soon

Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
GW4BLE
Novice Class

Post by GW4BLE »

Like 9K2HN I also have a large file, and have been a long-time user of DX4WIN.

I am reluctant to drop DX4WIN in favour of another programme until I am sure it will handle large files. If there is any concern about a large number of QSOs then this software is not for me.

Please post the results of your tests here.

Thank you

Steve
GW4BLE