Hamlib version used in Log4OM

G4DWV
Old Man

Hamlib version used in Log4OM

Post by G4DWV »

Hi,
I can see from the date-stamps that the version of Hamlib used is quite up to date. That being said, there is no listing for the Icom IC-7300.
However, in the screenshot of FLDigi at the bottom of page 165 in the manual, it shows that there IS an Icon IC-7300 module available and it is listed as 'stable'.
What do I have to do to get the stable IC-7300 module visible so I can use it? Omnirig is causing me many problems and I would like to stop using it 100%.
Thanks
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
KW4CQ
Advanced Class

Re: Hamlib version used in Log4OM

Post by KW4CQ »

Hello Guy
Where do you see the date stamp for hamlib? The version of hamlib I have here does not show an IC-7610 in the dropdown list. I wonder if an updated version hamlib might have the IC-7610?
Bob KW4CQ
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Bob,
I just looked at the date stamps in explorer. The rigs that are displayed seem to be quite old. I am having real problems with Omnirig and would like to try Hamlib.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 00:13 Hi Bob,
I just looked at the date stamps in explorer. The rigs that are displayed seem to be quite old. I am having real problems with Omnirig and would like to try Hamlib.
Guy,

Why don't you rather outline your issues with OmniRig and see if we can help smooth those out? Hamlib may create a whole new/different set of headaches for you.

First off what is the current release ID of your V2? Go to: Help / About and the current version is noted there.

Also ... what is the release date/time on the front page of your User Guide? The page you noted seems to be an older version of UG as opposed to the current one.

What is your O/S?

What applications are you running, etc., etc. with details of your OmniRig issues?

For a more granular detail of items you should provide for support take a look at Doug's FAQ about such. I've put link below.

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4648
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Nolan,
I *think* I may have the problem licked.
I have many problems with Omnirig (not just with Log4OM) and where I have used Hamlib, I have none.
That is why I would like to try Hamlib. I really like it and wonder why the version in Log4OM does not have an entry for the IC-7300.
My release of Log4OM is 2.6.1.0. OS win 10 Pro x64.
Thanks for the heads up about the manual.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 00:47 Hi Nolan,
I *think* I may have the problem licked.
I have many problems with Omnirig (not just with Log4OM) and where I have used Hamlib, I have none.
That is why I would like to try Hamlib. I really like it and wonder why the version in Log4OM does not have an entry for the IC-7300.
My release of Log4OM is 2.6.1.0. OS win 10 Pro x64.
Thanks for the heads up about the manual.
Guy,
I really can't offer up too much help with respect to HamLib as I've tried to get it to run for my K3 and for 5+ years it is no joy and I've had many notes to HamLib developers seeking support with nil response.

As I've noted let us know your OmniRig details and lets see if we can resolve them.

I know one of the other Alpha Team members will also chime in with respect to HamLib.

Take care and lets see if we can resolve the OmniRig items.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

KI5IO wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 03:32 As I've noted let us know your OmniRig details and lets see if we can resolve them.

<snip>
Take care and lets see if we can resolve the OmniRig items.
Nolan
I have a minor issue with Omnirig. I don’t know if it is Omnirig or Log4OM... versions are:
Omnirig 1.19
Log4OM 2.6.1
O/S Win 10 Pro 64 bit (2004)
Rig 1, K3 on RS232
Rig 2, IC-9700 on USB (acting as an IC-9100 as there doesn’t appear to be an IC-9700 in Omnirig).

There is no issue provided both rigs are powered when Log4OM is started. However, if I just want to use Rig 2 (usually after turning the K3 off at the end of a sked), I can’t switch Log4OM to Rig 2 unless I “wake up” Omnirig by bringing up Omnirig from the Windows start menu, them Rig 2 is available in Log4OM.

Hope that makes sense, it’s as if turning off Rig 1 sends a shutdown to Omnirig.

I did wonder about Hamlib, but that looks to be a worse option...

Any thoughts?

73 Dave
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Dave,

if you download the latest RIG files for Omnirig you´ll find the IC-9700 in the Dropdown.

1.png
1.png (7.97 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
Don´t use 2 Transceiver at the moment so the second one needs a bit more time to arrive
but ... have you tried switching to Rig 2 before you shutdown the K3.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

Thanks Juergen. I’m not at home at the moment but will check later. The issue with “Rig 2” appears to be more of an Omnirig problem.

OK on the file for Omnirig. I’ll check that out, although I am reluctant to change the CI-V settings in my 9700 as I also use the Minos VHF/UHF contest log program and that only has Hamlib... which currently lacks an IC-9700 config.

73 Dave
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

By the way, if anybody use Omnirig, it´s easy to implementing "not seen transceivers" if you check
out Omnirig page. Download the latest rig file unpack it and copy it to the RIG folder of your Omnirig
installation.

Hamlib ? Never worked for me at any TRX. Still wondering we have it included since years ... Just my 2ct.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.