Relate My Station configuration to current band selection

K2GAV
Advanced Class

Relate My Station configuration to current band selection

Post by K2GAV »

I've looked through the manual and unless I missed it, I don't find a way to have Log4OM to switch the My Station equipment between stored configurations when the band is changed.

In my case I always use my 80m dipole on that band and my SteppIR on 40m - 6m. My default station antenna configuration is using the SteppIR as that's the most popular configuration across the bands. If I don't remember to manually switch to my configuration with the 80m dipole when operating on 80m, then the use of the SteppIR on 80m gets logged.

So, I'd suggest an enhancement that allow for the My Station configuration to switch when bands are changed. Others might find this useful when they usually use a different rig, or power setting on different bands.

Ted
K2GAV
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500
N1FG
Advanced Class

Re: Relate My Station configuration to current band selection

Post by N1FG »

Hi Ted -

Just another user but here is how I have my station configured and it switches data based on which antenna is in use (for me selected by band).
Station Configuration.jpg
Station Configuration.jpg (89.71 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Hope this helps - 73

Larry N1FG
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Relate My Station configuration to current band selection

Post by IW3HMH »

You should mark the antenna as "default for the band" in order to have Log4OM automatically switch to this antenna when band change
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH