Importing large file

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Importing large file

Post by G4POP »

Steve,
When we resolve an issue we always post the result on the relevant thread! Even though users rarely do!

How many QSO's do you have in your logbook? I have a logbook running quiet happily with 134,000 QSO's using SQLite but many users with logs over 100K use Mysql with Log4om.

The log in that we are checking has over 330,000 QSO's
73 Terry G4POP
GW4BLE
Novice Class

Post by GW4BLE »

My DX4WIN log shows 227,000 contacts (that's not all my contacts, still several years not on computer).

Lot of hoops to jump through it seems with this programme - its probably an EXCELLENT piece of software and the developers should be congratulated on that. However, I am a contest and DX operator so a lot of the 'computer speak' stuff leaves me cold.

Just tried to integrate with FLDIGI (another programme I need to get to grips with). Page 169 in the LOG4OM user guide shows a 'save config' button but I don't see that at all, just what appears to be a computer disc and a print option. Off topic I know.

Steve
GW4BLE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

GW4BLE wrote:Page 169 in the LOG4OM user guide shows a 'save config' button but I don't see that at all, just what appears to be a computer disc and a print option.

The floppy disk is the save button (Save to Disk)
73 Terry G4POP
GW4BLE
Novice Class

Post by GW4BLE »

ah! Of course.....

next problem...... all the boxes in the 'Inbound Settings' are greyed out, only TCP connection is to Log4OM, connection to FLDIGI has red buttons.....guess I need to configure FLDIGI....
Something not right....... apologies for hijacking this thread......I'll leave this for now and get on with something else.

Many Thanks Terry

As it says in the user guide the communicator must be stopped (BIG RED BUTTON) before you can edit the inbound settings

When the communicator is started (BIG GREEN BUTTON) the settings are greyed out

You need to configure the Log4om Communicator Inbound/fldigi settings and you need to configure the Fldigi XML/RPC settings as detailed in the Log4OM user guide
GW4BLE
Novice Class

Post by GW4BLE »

any news on the import of 9K2HN's large log please?

Was it successful ? Anything to be wary of ?

Steve
GW4BLE
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I've imported it, but performances on sqlite aren't really satisfactory.
I'm now working on MySQL database that works definitely better, and i'm using that log to optimize some part of code that suffer from that number of QSO.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
GW4BLE
Novice Class

Post by GW4BLE »

Just to report back on my experience.

After some trepidation, I decided to import a 227,000 QSO ADIF file (exported from DX4WIN) into LOG4OM and apart from just a single contact everything went smoothly.

Steve
GW4BLE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

What's the performance like Steve?
73 Terry G4POP
GW4BLE
Novice Class

Post by GW4BLE »

Well, for me, the performance is pretty good. The only thing I have to compare it with is DX4WIN, the initial load of my log is faster in DX4WIN, but once loaded searching out call signs (whilst doing some manual card handling this morning) is excellent.

Slightly off topic, but positives for me with LOG4OM is the integration with FLDIGI for digital and the ease of switching between two radios (SO2R), however I wish there was better CW support - the Alt K for keyboard / CW was always handy in DX4WIN, any chance that could be implemented I wonder.

Steve
GW4BLE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Steve,
Winkeyer support and keyboard CW are on the list and hopefully won't be too long
73 Terry G4POP