How can I create a list of all my 6m FT8 contacts?

KW4CQ
Advanced Class

How can I create a list of all my 6m FT8 contacts?

Post by KW4CQ »

I would like to create a list of just all my 6m FT8 contacts in my log and print it out. Can this be done in Log4OM v2? If so please tell me how.
Thanks for any advice.
73 Bob KW4CQ
F6FLU
Old Man

Re: How can I create a list of all my 6m FT8 contacts?

Post by F6FLU »

Hello Bob

a simple way to do:

1) Select the number of QSOs you want to save (bottom right max: xxx)
2) "Recent QSO's (F7) tab " at the bottom select" Filters "
3) In the window that appears select "Band = 6m" and validate by pressing the "+" button
4) close this filter window by clicking on the red cross at the top right
5) your QSOs made only on 6M appear in the logbook page (F7)
6) Click on "" Select / deselect "at the bottom left of this window
7) once your QSOs are selected click on the "excel" button last button in the bottom banner

AND Log4OM will generate you a magnificent table with all your QSOs carried out over 6m

My recommendation is to try with a small number of QSOs (100?) to verify that it works correctly

Hope this helps
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6FLU wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 16:52 Hello Bob

a simple way to do

Only partly correct.............

1) In "Recent QSO's (F7) tab " at the bottom select" Filters "
2) In the window that appears select "Band = 6m" and validate by pressing the "+" button
3) Then select mode = FT8 and validate by clicking the "+" button.

Now the F7 Recent QSO display will only contain 6m FT8 contacts

5) Click on "" Select / deselect "at the bottom left of this window
6) once your QSOs are selected click on the "excel" button last button in the bottom banner

"Log4OM will generate you a magnificent table with all your QSOs carried out over 6m" in mode FT8

This is also and probably better achieved in the QSO manager or for confirmation status in the QSL manager
73 Terry G4POP
KW4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by KW4CQ »

The procedure works to a point but when I try to save the resulting .xlsx file to a folder I have named Log4OM saved files there is nothing there. The saved .xlsx file does not appear anywhere on my drive. It seems to be invisible! I don't happen to have the EXCEL app on my PC. I am using OpenOffice 4 software (a freebee) which, based on my past experience, has been compatible with most versions of Excel's .xls files. Any thoughts to share on this would be very much appreciated.

Bob KW4CQ
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KW4CQ wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 19:36 The procedure works to a point but when I try to save the resulting .xlsx file to a folder I have named Log4OM saved files there is nothing there. The saved .xlsx file does not appear anywhere on my drive. It seems to be invisible! I don't happen to have the EXCEL app on my PC. I am using OpenOffice 4 software (a freebee) which, based on my past experience, has been compatible with most versions of Excel's .xls files. Any thoughts to share on this would be very much appreciated.

Bob KW4CQ
Bob,

I just stepped through the filter creation, selection of QSOs and save process. This to be sure I was seeing "where" I was saving the filtered results to an "excel" file.

I did my filter/selection from the QSO Manager and should have pointed me to the same location.

So ... check out the location under your username / AppData / Roaming / Log4OM2 / user / filters

Whatever you named the file you saved should be located there.

You could (via your 'file manager') double-click the file and the 'excel' equivalent in Open Office should open/convert the file.

I use LibreOffice and have no issues opening any MS Docs.

============
UPDATE:

I just built a filter from the Recent QSO (F7) tab and saved the resulting file to the same location I noted above. I can also open the file in LibreOffice FB.

Image below is a screen clip of my path and the file being saved.

Attachments
Filter-save.JPG
Filter-save.JPG (58.31 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

G4POP wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 17:26
Hello Bob

a simple way to do

Only partly correct.............

1) In "Recent QSO's (F7) tab " at the bottom select" Filters "
2) In the window that appears select "Band = 6m" and validate by pressing the "+" button
3) Then select mode = FT8 and validate by clicking the "+" button.

Now the F7 Recent QSO display will only contain 6m FT8 contacts

[/quote]

Oh YES I forgot the FT8 Mode sorry :-)
G4POP wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 17:26 This is also and probably better achieved in the QSO manager
Terry, I didn't see any difference when I didn't go through the QSO Manager menu, I don't see if it's simpler?

Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
KW4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by KW4CQ »

Nolan,
Sorry to report that I am having no luck with either approach you have outlined. No matter where I try to save the .xlsx file to it's not there when I try to see it in the username/AppData/Roaming/Log4OM2/user/filters. It simply doesn't show there. Neither does it show if I try and save it to C:\log4om saved files folder I created.

I downloaded and installed a copy of LibreOffice 7.1 just to be sure I was singing from the same sheet of music as you but no luck using the spreadsheet feature there to find and open the .xlsx file anywhere on my drive.
Seems I am at the end of the road here. No logical reason I can determine why the file doesn't save.

Bob KW4CQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KW4CQ wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 19:36 The procedure works to a point but when I try to save the resulting .xlsx file to a folder I have named Log4OM saved files there is nothing there. The saved .xlsx file does not appear anywhere on my drive. It seems to be invisible! I don't happen to have the EXCEL app on my PC. I am using OpenOffice 4 software (a freebee) which, based on my past experience, has been compatible with most versions of Excel's .xls files. Any thoughts to share on this would be very much appreciated.

Bob KW4CQ
What version of Log4OM are you using there was a bug like this which has been fixed

Sent you a download of latest version which will fix this
73 Terry G4POP
KW4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by KW4CQ »

I'm using 2.13.0.0 Terry. I will try your newest version. Here we go....
Bob kW4CQ
KW4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by KW4CQ »

Total SUCCESS!! Thank you for resolving this. And thanks for the wonderful job you are doing with Log4OM. Most appreciated. Santa is coming your way this year.
73 from Bob KW4CQ