Inconsistent Data Import from QRZ

General discussions V2
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Inconsistent Data Import from QRZ

Post by WA2SQQ »

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. When running FT8, on SOME contacts, the "name" field is not importing the data from QRZ. Yet, if I call up the contact and use the "update data" tab, all the stations data is correctly pulled into LOG4OM. That would seem to suggest that LOG4OM is responsible for not getting the data on the initial contact.

Is thre a way I can tag all contacts that have the unpopulated "name" field and do an "update data" in one operation?
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Inconsistent Data Import from QRZ

Post by DF5WW »

QSO Manager, mark all related contacts and hit the "Update Info" button in the top left of the window.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Thanks, this worked - very easy.
FYI, when I went back and saw how many were missing Name and Address I started wondering why.
At least on my PC, this started with the last update to LOG4OM
Just downloaded the latest BETA release, I'll see if it fixes this issue
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

The problem is that the 3rd party SW like WSJT-X, JTDX or JTalert don´t do a lookup. In that case the FT8 SW only transferring
QSO data with a minimum of information. If data coming from 3rd party to Log4OM it will not do a data update. Don´t know how
the main UI is programmed but maybe it´s possible in a future version that Log4OM updates incoming data. But i think this will
slow down the logging procedure.

But for this special things Lele has programmed the "Update Info" option in QSO Manager .... 😉😉👍👍
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Bob,

From your comments it sounds to me as if you have not properly removed and "re-installed" the UDP Inbound Connections after the installation of V2.27.x.x.x.x and especially V2.28.

At the very least check what options you have selected for the UDP Inbound Connections that you use for your FTxx data input.

The Use_External_Data option "must" be selected for Log4OM to then pull the QRZ.com data into the empty fields coming in form the FTxx APPs.

The Upload_QSO option "must" be selected to then have the QSO flagged the upload routine to the External Services (LOTW, QRZ.com, Clublog, etc..)

See sample image below.

Then when you do your manual uploads via QSL Manager the "N" will be flipped to a "Y" once that upload is completed.

You may have already deleted and did a fresh installation of the UDP Inbound Connections, but maybe you did not select the Use_External_Data option.

You should not have to 'massage' any QSOs after the fact if the options are chosen for the UDP Inbound Connections.
Attachments
UDP-inbound.JPG
UDP-inbound.JPG (39.18 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Sorry to both that i forgot the UDP changes in 2.27.x. That happens if you not longer work FT8 .... 😂🤣
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

I'm guilty, and yes you are correct. I recall seeing that mentioned but did not realize it was mandatory.If I make the changes noted above, will I still need to uninstall and reinstall what was mentioned? Was there a step-by-step procedure posted?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

WA2SQQ wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 22:27 I'm guilty, and yes you are correct. I recall seeing that mentioned but did not realize it was mandatory.If I make the changes noted above, will I still need to uninstall and reinstall what was mentioned? Was there a step-by-step procedure posted?
Bob,

I dunno what to say ... except that the changes and requirements for the new UDP configuration to work has been discussed in many, many, many threads here on the Forum. This was first noted with V 2.27.1.0

Terry also posted an alert here: https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?t=8260

It was also spelled out in the Release Notes and Lele published a document about the UDP connections from the 3rd party APPs. It is also very well documented in the User Guide.

So ... yes you have to DELETE your current UDP Inbound Connections and BUILD new ones. Make sure that your FIRST make note of the port assignments you are using between the 3rd Party APPs and the Log4OM UDP connections. Use those same port assignments when you build the new connections.

The port assignments noted in the User Guide are merely "representative". So make sure you use the assignments you have been using that you have found that work for your installation.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Nolan, I totally understand and I realize that its been discussed. After doing an update if LOG4OM appeared to be working, I'm wasn't trying to fix it. I interpreted the UDP changes as additional options to expand the programs capability - my error, not yours. Honestly the entire concept of UDP is foreign to me - I haven't a clue how to do these updates. I'm going to see if I can find someone locally who can assist me.

What I don't understand is why for the most part everything is working fine. The missing QRZ data only occurs about 10% of the time, without any changes being made.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

I realize that I need to make the required updates, starting by deleting the original UDP connections.
My existing connections are shown in the photo. After I delete these, I select the “+” which gets me to the second photo.

At the bottom of that screen I see 3 Preset Config selections. Here’s where I’m totally confused.
1. Do I need to set new connections using all three?
2. Since my existing connections do use two different ports, Can I assume I’ll be be using at least two of the three preset configs?
3. I’m using WSJT-X with JT Alert. Sorry to call out to you again, but I don’t want to start making changes and break something in the process.

Attachments
Log Update2.jpg
Log Update2.jpg (227.32 KiB) Viewed 1463 times