entry of call sign in the call window

W5AP
Novice Class

entry of call sign in the call window

Post by W5AP »

using wxjt-x and jtalert
all wks well and
all info is passed to Log4OM except the entry of the call. This used to work to update the qrz picture and stats window
the recents updates ok as well
And I can enter a call manually which does all the lookup and display in the stats window with qrz picture
Help please
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: entry of call sign in the call window

Post by G4POP »

Seems you need to edit the UDP settings, see numerous posts about the changes in 2.28.0.0
73 Terry G4POP
W5AP
Novice Class

Post by W5AP »

Tnx
I tried that, but there is no problem with the data communicating from WSJT-X or JTAlert to Log4OM except for the whatever
setting IN LOG4OM THAT CALL UP the access to QRZ and if I manually enter a call, it works
I'm guessing its a flaw in log4OM I didn't reset any of the connections in setup, but maybe should add or try a few more
I guess I should try going back to v2.27 as well

73, Jim
W5AP
Novice Class

Post by W5AP »

Sri
I returned to ver 2.7.1 with the same results
I'm lost at this point
Only thing else I can recall is doing a windows update

73, Jim
w7rjr
Novice Class

Post by w7rjr »

A friend of mine is having the same exact issue. I was unaware there are UDP changes in 2.28. You could you point me in the right direction? Thanks 73
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Jim & Bob -

Major changes were made with respect to UDP Inbound connections. This has been discussed time and time and time again on the Forum. The information was also presented in the Release Notes with V 2.27.0.0.

The setting up and configuration of the UDP Inbound connections has been made far simpler. But y'all have to remember to read the Release Notes and even take some time to scan the "most current" User Guide if you have more questions.

Here is a link (from Release Notes) that talks about the basics an OM has to do when it comes to the UDP Inbound connections. https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?t=8260

Bottom line is that you have to REMOVE what you have in place and then use the Inbound Connection routine and select the Preset Config options. You can still adjust items selected in those presets if you have the need to do so.

Be sure to first note what UDP ports you are currently using to link WSJTx, JTDX, Gridtracker and/or JTAlert.

Then DELETE those existing UDP connections and then build new ones.

The "current" User Guide is dated: 17/06/2023 11:39 AM

The Integration with the JT programs starts on Page 216 of that U.G.

Rolling back to V 2.27.0.0 will not resolve the issue. Nor will any Windows O/S updates help. You have to follow the directions and my very quick summary noted above.

Here is a link to the Log4OM website/resources page. https://www.log4om.com/resources/ Click on the tab labeled: "Working With JT Applications" and download that PDF. Lele created that document as a bit of an explanation of the JT applications UDP connections.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W5AP
Novice Class

Post by W5AP »

Nolan,

tnx for your info and work with Log4OM

I am so frustrated with trying to populate the CALL field in Log4OM, I thought after trying every conceivable example and setup - nothing works for me to get this CALL field to populate.

So I thought I'd send you what my setup that works (and I've tried many others that also work (like using ip 224.0.0.1) with WSJT-X AND JT ALERT. Absolutely every thing works perfectly including the recent data showing logged contacts (all data going to JT Aert and Log4OM except the call entry in Log4OM . So I'm missing something somewhere. And I've read/re-read everything many times

My current effort is attached (I hope - as the attachment process may not have completed properly)
My WSJT-X settings: UDP server 127.0.0.1 port 2237 (all three boxes checked) Secondary UDP server(deprecated)
127.0.0.1 port 2241 (I had also tried different ports here, but this came from the example in the UM

I don't understand the differences (and maybe that's not necessary) between ADIF/JT messages and any of the other formats as do they all use UDP or are they different...

Anyway, thanks for your help
es 73, Jim
Attachments
JT ALERT APPICATIONS  WSJTX JTDX.JPG
JT ALERT APPICATIONS WSJTX JTDX.JPG (102.7 KiB) Viewed 743 times
Log4OM connections.JPG
Log4OM connections.JPG (86.23 KiB) Viewed 743 times
jt alert Log4OM setup.JPG
jt alert Log4OM setup.JPG (89.08 KiB) Viewed 743 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Jim,

Been out all day today. Will turn on my FTxx, test, capture some images of the settings and e-mail to your 'arrl.net' e-mail address.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W5AP
Novice Class

Post by W5AP »

tnx very much Will look for it
73, Jim